Have a straight forward small business? A Small Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) bundles General Liability and Commercial Property Insurance into an affordable package for your small business.
Small Business Owner's Policy
What Small Business Owner’s Policies Usually Covers
- Third-Party Bodily Injury. When a customer slips and falls or gets hurt on your property, this helps cover medical and legal expenses if you are sued.
- Third-Party Property Damage. If you damage a customer's property, such as a smartphone or laptop, this helps pay for repair or replacement costs.
- Product Liability. If your product hurts someone, such as a hot coffee burn, this will help pay for legal expenses.
- Advertising Liability. If you are sued over slander or copyright claims this will help pay for your legal defense.
- Company Buildings. This covers the repair of the structure and will sometimes include installed fixtures and machinery.
- Contents of Buildings. This normally includes things that can be easily removed such as inventory, office equipment and supplies.
- Other Property. This includes items that are left by someone else in your care or control.
Did You Know?
More than 40 percent of small businesses will experience an insurance claim in the next 10 years.
What Small Business Owner’s Policies Usually Do Not Cover
- Anything that is not covered under typical General Liability and Commercial Property Insurance policies.